7/20/2010

His Story

So as promised a little bit of history behind Siebel. I am not so experienced in Siebel, so I will not talk about all history curves, just in big picture.

So, behind Siebel is a guy named Thomas Siebel. Guy worked in Oracle corporation from 1984 through 1990. And then when he do not like the way Oracle was working he founded his own company Siebel CRM Systems, Inc., and developed Siebel CRM. Then in 2005 Oracle (the company witch Tom dint like) buys Siebel Systems for $5.8 billion. Not a bad revenue from the enemy.

Actually that is in big scope, You could try reading Wikipedia about Siebel System and Wikipedia about Tom to learn more.

I need to say one thing about this blog - I will not demand on perfect information and I will not write all the things You can found on net, I will just narrow the way where to look. Because if You look around net, You will found that there already is full of blogs and forums about Siebel from more experienced guys. I will try to tell some tricks and tips I have managed in my daily work with Siebel.

Hope it will be interesting to read as it is interesting for me to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment